1. Rotter, C. M., I. C. Burke, K. A. Palmquist, J. B. Bradford, and W.K. Lauenroth. 2017. Reclamation after oil and gas development does not speed up succession or plant community recovery in big sagebrush ecosystems in Wyoming. Restoration Ecology doi: 10.1111/rec.12543
2. Keeler, B.L., R. Chaplin-Kramer, A.D. Guerry, P. F. E. Addison, C. Bettigole, I. C. Burke, B. Gentry, L. Chambliss, C. young, A. J. Travis, C. T. Carimont, D. R. Gordon, J. Hellman, P. Kareiva, S. Monfort, L. Olander, T. Profeta, H. P. Possingham, C. Slotterback, E. Sterling, T. Ticktin, and B. Vira. 2017. Society is ready for a new kind of science – Is Academia? BioScience 67(7):591-592.
3. Martyn, T.E., J. B Bradford, D. R. Schlaepfer, I. C. Burke, and W. K. Lauenroth. 2016. Seed bank and big sagebrush plant community composition in a range margin for big sagebrush. Ecosphere 7(10): e01453.
4. Korfanta, N. M, M. L. Mobley, and I. C. Burke 2015. Fertilizing western rangelands for ungulate conservation: an assessment of benefits and risks. Wildlife Society Bulletin doi 10.1002/wsb.519.
5. Otgonsuren, A., W. K. Lauenroth, I. C. Burke, and M. L. Mobley. 2015. Sagebrush steppe recovery on 30-90 year old abandoned oil and gas wells. Ecosphere 6(7):115. Dx.doi.org/10.1890/ES14-00175.1
6. Mobley, M. L., M. J. Cleary, and I. C. Burke. 2014. Inorganic nitrogen supply and dissolved organic nitrogen abundance across the US Great Plains. PLoS ONE 9(9):e107775.
7. Mobley, M.L.,R. L. McCulley, I. C. Burke, G. Peterson, D. S. Schimel, C. V. Cole, E. T. Elliott, and D. G. Westfall. 2014. Grazing and no-till cropping impacts on N retention in dryland agroecosystems. Journal of Environmental Quality 43 (6):1963-1971.
8. Bradford, J.B., D. R. Schlaepfer, W. K. Lauenroth, and I. C. Burke. 2014. Ecohydrological consequences of plant functional type transitions in North American sagebrush ecosystems. Journal of Ecology 102:1408-1418.
9. Otgonsuren, A., I. C. Burke, M. L. Mobley, W. K. Lauenroth, and D. R. Schlaepfer. 2014. Natural recovery of soil organic matter in 30-90 year old abandoned oil and gas wells in sagebrush steppe. Ecosphere 5(3):1-13.
10. Gathany, M. and I. C. Burke. 2014. The effects of forest thinning practices and altered nutrient supply on soil trace gas fluxes in Colorado. Open Forestry Journal 4: 278-289.
11. Evans, S. E., M. D. Wallenstein, and I. C. Burke. 2014. Is bacterial moisture niche a good predictor of shifts in community composition under long-term drought? Ecology 95 (1):110-122.
12. Burke, I. C., E. E. Bontti, J. E. Barrett, P. N. Lowe, W. K. Lauenroth, and R. Riggle. 2013. Impact of labile and recalcitrant carbon treatments on available nitrogen and plant communities in a semiarid ecosystem. Ecological Applications 23(3):537-545.
13. Evans, S.E. and I.C. Burke. 2013. Carbon and nitrogen decoupling under an 11-year drought in the shortgrass steppe. Ecosystems 16:20-33.
14. Gathany, M. and I. C. Burke. 2012. DAYCENT simulations to test the influence of fire regime and fire suppression on trace gas fluxes and nitrogen biogeochemistry of Colorado. Forests 3(3):506-527. .
15. Munson, S. M., W. K. Lauenroth, and I. C. Burke. 2012. Soil carbon and nitrogen recovery on semiarid Conservation Reserve Program Lands. Journal of Arid Environments 79:25-31.